Custom Home Building Process
The Home Building Process
1. The Builder should be able to provide you with a initial general estimate , based on all the information they gather from a consultation meeting with you. It is important to discuss the cost of the land plus a budget for the house before you get too far into the process. A more exact price can be given once house plans are finished and more detailed specifications are gathered.
2. The Builder should be able to provide you with valuable construction expertise and insight. This may include creative design ideas, offering cost saving ideas, suggesting high performance home specifications, whether it maybe a challenging lot, and what materials they tend to use in their homes.
3. How flexible is the Builder? When and how can you make changes throughout the building process? Production Builders are the type that won't let you do much if any customization. They may allow you to make a few changes here and there but very limited. You have less control and your dream home might not be as custom as you had envisioned. That's not what you want. You should be looking for a purely custom home building experience!
4. Does the Builder quickly address issues, communicate directly with you, and offer transparency.
5. Once the house plans are complete by a registered local architect, the Builder and all of the subcontractors will spend many hours making sure all details are taken care of and the best price the home can be built for is then completed. Once all the bids are in, an exact price can be determined.
6. When you give the go ahead and before it’s time to break ground, a contractual agreement will be signed by you and the builder. Then your lender will approve everything before construction starts.
7.It will take somewhere between 6 to 18 months to build a custom home, (possibly more) often depending on weather , size and complexity of the design, and the number of changes that are made. If and when you make changes after the contract is signed, the purchase agreement needs to be amended and the price can change either up or down, and you will be made aware of any changes in cost in advance.
We want to be your Trusted Advisor , your Advocate, and your Home Builder of Choice.
Building your new dream home should be an exciting time in your life. When you have the right professional team, it can be better than you imagined. At Boyd Custom Homes, our focus is clear: to support you as the homeowner and make sure you get the utmost value at every stage of construction. We work hand in hand with you to ensure excellence every step of the way. With Boyd on your side, you can relax and enjoy the creative process as we make your dream a reality.
Call or text us today! ( 469)586-8822