What Questions Should you ask a Custom Home Builder
Building a new custom luxury home might be one of the largest investments you ever make, so you want to make sure your home is built right. The most important decision you make is going to be selecting your home builder. Be sure to ask the right questions to get a feel of the company's commitment to quality, the level of customer support and service, how they handle issues, and what differentiates them from others.
Here are some questions you should consider.
1. How many years have you been in business? In this case experience really does matter. You should also ask about their background as a person who was a production builder employee who becomes a custom home builder, may still build homes similar in quality to a production builder. A owner who has always been a custom home builder has quality in their blood, so you most likely will see a large difference in the quality of the work from one builder to the next.
2. Who will be overseeing and managing the construction of my home? This is a great question as well so you will have a clear understanding how your project will be managed?
3. What type of home warranty do you offer? You will want to feel comfortable that you will be well taken care of.
4. Do you have your own floor plans or can I bring my own? If you do not already have a design , then we prefer to have you work directly with an architect so you can design a home that will be perfect for the way you want to live, the style of the home you like best, and a design that will best fit on your lot.
5. How long will it take to build my home? You will need to know what to expect on a time frame , and your builder should share the building process and how to stay on schedule.
6. What Energy Features do you include? We offer quality windows, insulated headers, full foam insulation, tankless water heaters, and Trane XV 20 seer HVAC.