Choosing the right location is an important part of building your new dream home. Here are a few things to consider when your looking for the perfect homesite.
1. Drive the surrounding area and walk the neighborhood at different times of the day and week. How is the traffic? How far is it to the nearest stores, churches, shopping, and entertainment?
2. Find out where future businesses, schools, community centers, golf course, parks, hospitals, etc will be.
3. How is your commute?
4. Ask your sales representative to explain the lot slope and drainage. If there is much slope to the lot, there most certainly would be additional costs to prep the lot for building.
5. If it is a corner lot, is traffic busy where it will be challenging to pull in and out of the driveway.
6. Ask your sales rep for detailed information about the covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs) and information about the Home Owners Association (HOA).
7. Orientation - Your Builder & architect will work with the orientation of the building site in order to maximize your views, but lot orientation also effects many other aspects of your home as well. For example, will the patio be in the sun or the shade.
8. We recommend asking your builder to walk the property with you before you make the purchase. If you haven’t selected your builder or architect yet, you can still ask one to help guide you. We have helped many people understand the property they are purchasing without being the designated, contractual builder. Please contact us if you have questions or if we can help in any way.